Once a transaction has been initiated, buyers and sellers will have the opportunity to leave a feedback rating for each other per item purchased. Feedback should accurately reflect the purchasing experience and be specific to the item received.
Effective August 3, 2021, if no feedback has been provided after 45 days, Hip will automatically post a positive feedback rating for sellers with the comment "Positive Feedback Automatically Left After 45 Days".
In general, once feedback is left, it can not be changed. However, if you would like to request that our Support Team review feedback left by yourself, or for you (by another member) please contact us.
Valid reasons for our Support Team to remove feedback include the following reasons, and only at our sole discretion on a case-by-case basis:
- A clear mistake. For example, a member left feedback with the text “Smooth Transaction, No Problems”, but accidentally checked off the negative feedback box.
- A member requests to withdraw feedback within 30 days. Specifically, if neutral or negative feedback was left due to an issue with the transaction, which was subsequently resolved, the poster may request to withdraw their feedback within 30 days of the original transaction.
- Failure to read a clear item description. In the case where a buyer has left neutral or negative feedback, but their comment shows a clear failure to read the item description (which in itself must be clear and unambiguous), the Seller may request the feedback be reviewed for removal. An example of this would be if a listing was for a “Used” item, and the feedback left is a complaint that the item is “Used."
- Delivered orders shipped with tracking. In the case where a buyer has left neutral or negative feedback, indicating that an order was not delivered, but the Seller can prove delivery via a valid tracking number, the Seller may request the feedback be reviewed for removal.
- A buyer believes that the item was not described accurately (excluding within the case of “Failure to read a clear item description.”)
- A buyer left neutral or negative feedback because there was an issue with an order, even if the Seller has subsequently resolved the issue, and/or refunded the buyer.
- Feedback that is automatically left after 45 days cannot be removed or changed.