In general, once feedback is left, it can not be changed.
Feedback is an important part of the Hip eCommerce platform, and as such, we take the feedback system very seriously. In particular, this means that even if a member disagrees with feedback they have received, in order to keep the system fair and transparent, there is only a very limited set of circumstances in which we can update or remove feedback left for our members.
In general, we can only update or remove feedback in the following set of limited circumstances, and only at our sole discretion on a case-by-case basis:
- A clear mistake. For example, a member left feedback with the text “Smooth Transaction, No Problems”, but accidentally checked off the negative feedback box.
- A member requests to withdraw feedback within 30 days. Specifically, if neutral or negative feedback was left due to an issue with the transaction, which was subsequently resolved, the poster may request to withdraw their feedback within 30 days of the original transaction.
- Failure to read a clear item description. In the case where a buyer has left neutral or negative feedback, but their comment shows a clear failure to read the item description (which in itself must be clear and unambiguous), the Seller may request the feedback be reviewed for removal. An example of this would be if a listing was for a “Used” item, and the feedback left is a complaint that the item is “Used."
- Delivered orders shipped with tracking. In the case where a buyer has left neutral or negative feedback, indicating that an order was not delivered, but the Seller can prove delivery via a valid tracking number, the Seller may request the feedback be reviewed for removal.
Please keep in mind that feedback can not be changed or updated in any other circumstances, including, but not limited to the following:
- A buyer believes that the item was not described accurately (excluding within the case of “Failure to read a clear item description.”)
- A buyer left neutral or negative feedback because there was an issue with an order, even if the Seller has subsequently resolved the issue, and/or refunded the buyer.
With that in mind we, of course, encourage all members to work out any issues before leaving feedback.